Welcome to the Founders Brewing Co. Barry-Roubaix
The largest gravel road race in the WORLD!
Race Day: Saturday, March 25, 2017 (race waves start at 10 AM)
Greenware, Fox Subaru, Grand Rapids Bicycle Co. and Specialized
Michigan’s 2017 cycling race season kicks off with The Founders Barry-Roubaix Killer Gravel Road Race. Like the classic it’s named after, Barry-Roubaix will test riders against (80%) rolling gravel roads, pavement, one mile of rough two track, rocks, sand, mud, and possibly snow and ice as you traverse the scenic roads of Barry County.
We offer three race lengths to challenge riders of all abilities. The 22-mile “Chiller” has approx. 1500 feet of elevation, The 36-mile “Thriller” climbs approx. 2200 feet and the 62-mile “Killer” you can expect approx. 3800 feet of elevation. There is a racer cap of 3500 entries. Registration opens December 1st, 2016 at 8am EST and closes March 15 at NOON or sooner if the cap is met.
THE 2017 EVENT:
Date: Saturday, March 25, 2017 (race waves start at 10 AM)
Venue: Start / Finish/ Awards & After-Party takes
place in downtown Hastings, Michigan 49058
Awards: Over $34,000 in cash and prizes ( see our website for awards category details )
Field: **The race will be capped at 3,500 racers**
Details: Go to www.barry-roubaix for all the details of the event
> 62- mile "The Killer" by SRAM
The 62 mile "Killer" race is for expert/elite/pro level athletes.
Last year it took the pros over 3 hours at 20+ mph avg.! There's
approximately 3800 ft of climbing.
This field wave starts at 10 AM
*For rider safety and course control, there is a time cut off
for the 62 - mile race: Racers must reach the second aid station
at mile 44 by 1:30pm (12.3 mph avg.)
>36-mile "The Thriller" by: Smith Optics
The 36 mile "Thriller" race is for the sport to expert riders
with approximately 2200 feet of climbing in this race route.
>22- mile "The Chiller" by: CU Link
The 22mile "Chiller" race is for the beginner and sport rider.
There's approximately 1500 feet of climbing in this race.
>22 & 36 - mile "Fat Bike" by:
>22 / 36 & 62 - mile "Team Competition" by:
Grzanka Grit McDonald /michigancyclinglawyer.com
>Racing for Fun:
Some racers are out to enjoy the ride and experience the event at their own
pace. For those of you who fit this description, we have created 22 and
36 mile "Racing for fun" categories for 2017.
Both of these categories will start as the last waves of the race. You can go at
your own pace without the pressure of feeling you need to move out of
anyone's way. You will still be timed and show up in the results, however this
category isn't included in the awards.
Please make sure your BikeReg account profile is up to date
NO Race liscence required
NO day of registration
Selecting a race registration category:
** Your race age / race category = your age on
December 31, 2017 **
Transfers: You may transfer your registration through your Bikereg
registration. You work out the price and payment of your registration with the
tranferee and go in and place their email address. The person transfering in
will receive an email, pay the $10 surcharge and then have the ability to select
their race category.
Deadline for transfers, category changes and the team competition closes
March 15 at Noon EST
Deadline for pre-ordering merchandise is 3/10
Register early and save! Registration prices:
Date Time 22 & 36 / 62
Decmber 1st, 2016 7am $50 /$60
January 1st, 2017 noon $55 /$65
February 1st, 2017 noon $60 /$70
March 1st, 2017 noon $65 /$75
Youth 18 and under only $25 Dec 1 - March 15 at Noon
Team competition registration $35 / team / dist.
No refund or deffering to the following year will be allowed.
Transfers are offered on Bikereg until March 15 at Noon
and will cost $10. The exchange of the original entry and price
is the responsibility of the two parties involved.
The Team Competition: Sponsored by: Grzanka Grit McDonald / michigancyclinglawyer.com
- All Racers register and compete as an individual in a race category first.
- A "Captain" may also register a team(s) to compete and be scored in the team competition category.
- A minimum of 5 racers for a competing team, there is no team member maximum. ( must have 5 finishers to qualify for a competing score)
- You may register seperate teams in each race distance (example: have a Founders Racing 22 mile team, and a Founders racing 36 mile team and .....62 mile team)
- You register and pay the $35 category fee for each registering team and race length
- Please add the race length when registering your team name, (ex. "Founders Racing 36 mile or 62-mile "
- All individual racer that have your team name in their registration profile will automatically be added to your team competition roster.
- The deadline to register a team for the team competition or to register as an individual and be added to a competing teams roster is 3/15 at Noon EST
- A confirmation email with final team rosters will be sent out to team captains March 17
***Team Competition Results Scoring***
A teams result time will be calculated by adding up the total time of the top 5
individual finishers from your roster to create a "total team time".
The team with the lowest total team time wins and a
team competition trophy will be awarded to the winning team.
Additional Important Info:
* The course will not be closed to traffic and cycling rules of
the road apply, ie. stop at all stop signs, yield to cars, obey
sheriff and corner marshall directions, no more than two
riders abreast and do not cross the yellow center line.
* Distances are approximate depending on final
course designation made prior to race start. Alternate roads
may be used and marked if unsafe conditions are present.
* We reserve the right to combine low category fields.
* Wave starts to be determined based on total race entries.
* Racers will be disqualified for starting in the wrong wave.
* Chronotrack Timing by Newton Timing.
* See the www.barry-roubaix.com website for all the race